Want to learn a new skill? If you’re looking to build up your existing skillset or discover new talents, then read on.
To help you invest in your personal development or spend some time on your wellbeing, we’ve teamed up with Gateshead College and Newcastle College, who have pulled together a lot of online training resources which anyone can access, completely free!
Gateshead College is offering a range of online courses to help you develop.
- Business and digital: web design, search engine optimisation, social media and digital marketing.
- Employment skills: Being self-employed in the sports industry, 5- star customer service, occupational studies, personal development and resilience.
- Health and wellbeing including level 1 and 2 in mental health awareness, Level 2 Certificate in cleaning, knowledge and skills, principles of infection control, nutrition and health and counselling skills.
New courses are being developed all of the time and if there’s something in particular that you’d like Gateshead College to develop to meet your needs, get in touch via the form on the college’s website.
Simply follow this link to see the full range of what’s available with Gateshead College, register a few details and tell them which courses you’re interested in.
With Newcastle College, whether you want to improve your digital skills, enhance your understanding of health and safety during a pandemic, or learn how to manage your anxiety and help others do the same, you can choose from a range of courses.
- Introduction to digital marketing analytics, introduction to website development.
- Level 2 Certificate in Infection Control and Prevention.
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety.
- Improving productivity using IT.
Simply follow this link to see the full range of what’s available with Newcastle College, register a few details and tell them which courses you’re interested in.
Government online skills toolkit
The UK government has also created a new online skills toolkit looking at digital and numeracy.
Digital and numeracy skills are amongst those that are most sought after by employers, and can help you progress in work and boost your job prospects. Digital skills can be anything from using social media and staying safe online to coding, programming or digital marketing.
You can choose from a selection of high-quality courses put together in collaboration with experts. Find a level and time to study that’s right for you. The Skills Toolkit makes it easy for you to boost your skills.