Seven Stories, the Ouseburn-based attraction and National Centre for Children’s Books, invite you to Send a Story to a North East child this Christmas.
Families, book-lovers, visitors to the popular attraction and local businesses are invited to support Seven Stories’ Send a Story campaign this Christmas and give the gift of reading and imagination to disadvantaged North East children.
1 in 8 of the most disadvantaged children in the North East of England doesn’t have a book of their own. Getting books into the hands of children who need them most and helping them discover a love of reading is at the very heart of Seven Stories’ Send a Story campaign. By taking part you can bring joy and inspiration to children facing difficult times this Christmas.
Each year, over 25,000 children and young people take part in Seven Stories’ outreach and engagement work in our local communities. This Christmas, Seven Stories are giving books to hundreds of children in the North East who need them the most – partnering with children’s centres and schools in East and West of Newcastle; local hospitals and hospices; and looked-after children’s services.
How families and visitors can support the Seven Stories’ Send A Story campaign this Christmas
- Click here to donate £10 to Seven Stories to give a disadvantaged child their first book.
- Take inspiration from their festive book range in the Seven Stories Bookshop and give the gift of stories to a child in your life this Christmas – and at the same time, choose a favourite book to ‘gift forward’ to a child in need of a book complete with a note explaining why you want to share it.
- Join author and Seven Stories patron Michael Morpurgo, at a special event to launch our Send a Story campaign on Saturday 7 December at 5.30pm
How local businesses can get involved
For £600 businesses can donate a Seven Stories’ Hooks into Books pack filled with lots of brand new books and fun activities. The pack, which aims to get children reading and buzzing about books, will be introduced by a special visit from a member of Seven Stories learning team.
Participating businesses will receive:
- Acknowledgment at Seven Stories visitor centre and on our website so your support will be visible to all of our visitors, partners and supporters
- Personalised thank you via Seven Stories social media channels (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) followed by over 45,000 people
- Feedback from the recipient venue showing the impact of your generosity
To find out more about how you can get involved, email Amanda Beckham Seven Stories Fundraising & Development Manager or via telephone at 0300 3301095 ext 210.