Salary: £32,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent (60/40 office/home working)
Responsible to: Destination Director
To lead delivery of Skills and Jobs Project.
- To manage the project team and delivery partners to ensure that the project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Engage with supply side organisations, audit, map and collate what initiatives, services, and opportunities there are to support the tourism and hospitality sector fill vacancies and develop employees.
- Create a piece of work which captures and explains what is available and routes to access.
- Identify a viable route to commission an evidence based, analytical report on the market failure of why people are not applying or tourism and hospitality jobs.
- Engage with businesses and make them aware of support and routes available. Do this through direct engagement and coordinating with wider NGI colleagues to deliver proactive press and to develop a web resource which signposts to relevant sources.
- Get min 100 job vacancies advertised on Skills Hub
- Evidence min 20 businesses signposted to and using an available resource/opportunity.
- Support research colleagues on collecting data and intelligence on the scale of the challenges faced by industry.
- Organise and establish a Tourism Skills and Careers Task Force with key stakeholders and industry representation, and lead activity to create a plan for the long-term development and support of the sector which has regional buy in and support.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 (please note that we reserve the right to end the vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found prior to the closing date.)
To apply, please complete and return the application and equal opportunities monitoring forms (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org